Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yummy Foo Chow Food

I found these pictures as I was going through my folders. These are two of the many Foo Chow delicacies. Ooh, they're just so yummy and so out-of-this-world!


This is the famous sweet glutinous rice. The foo chows called it "sumee poan". It's made of glutinous rice (of course) , red dates, raisins and a lot more sweet stuff which I don't even know their names.... but the special thing about this, is that this dish is usually reserved for wedding dinners only. The old folks believed that eating this during your wedding will bring much "sweetness" into your marriage. Hence, the sweeter it is, the better. It was a real treat that we managed to order this for lunch when we took a trip back to Sitiawan not too long ago.


This is the famous pork fishball. well, as the name says it - there's pork, stuffed into the middle of the fishball. It's quite common now to find this even here in Kuala Lumpur (KL). You can call me bias, but the ones in Sitiawan always seem much bigger and taste better than the ones in KL.

Hmmn, this reminds me, I got to snap more pictures of our Foo Chow dishes. Next CNY will be a great time cause Dad, the Amazing Cook, will again exhibit his culinary skills for our reunion dinner. Yippee!

No comments: