Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 1: “Oh, fishy, where art thou?”

All my tiredness disappeared when we landed safely in Coolaganta airport at about 10 plus in the morning (Aussie time). Our first stop is to the Sea World. Now, I have been told that there isn’t much to do in the Sea World except looking at the fishes swimming non-chalantly in the aquariums and catching some performances by the sea lions and dolphins. So, I didn’t have much of an expectation. But, it turned out pretty alright. We enjoyed the Dugongs, Polar Bears, Sharks and Penguins. We also touched excitedly for the first time, the different kinds of starfish and sea cucumber. The dolphins also did some great stunts like catching the ball while swimming on their backs.




And, I had a surprise treat! I got to see the new Sesame Street Beach Show. I was as excited as a little girl when I get to see my Elmo, Cookie Monster, Ernie, Big Bird and friends dancing and singing there. I tried recording some of it, but being an amateur, the audio was missing. So, here's a pic of it.


Hubby then took me for a “romantic” tour around the park on a bright red choo-choo-train right before we left the place…how sweet :)


After a tiring day at the Sea World, we checked into our hotel : Mantra Legends located in the heart of Surfers Paradise.

We walked 2 blocks away from the hotel and settled for some Brazillian Dinner. The food was pretty good, and price quite reasonable. I tried a Brazilian drink called “acerola”, tasted a bit like avocado drink though….. delicious and apparently, high in Vitamin C, too ……







No comments: