Monday, June 2, 2008

Ill over the weekend

It was most unfortunate that I was ill the entire camp weekend. As a camp committee, I was so anxious, upset and worried that I may not be able to carry out my responsibilities well when I am ill, especially for the big night – the Talent Time night on Sunday.

I caught a fever on Friday, which, after much coconut water, “yong sum so” drink and panadols, managed to strengthen my body for the traveling to PD on Sat morning. But my body still felt feverish, my throat was burning, my voice was breaking, and the blocked nose made it harder to breathe easily. Though I was actively walking around, helping with the checking in, I was still feverish and come night time, I was totally knocked out!

What touches me most is the concern of the church campers on my health. My pastor asked me how I was every time she saw me. Many of them showed concern and offered Strepsils, Lozenges, Vitamin Cs and most importantly prayers for me! This bit of tender loving care coupled with prayers strengthened my body. By Sunday, miraculously, the fever subsided. I felt better and physically stronger to look into the running of the Talent Time. However, I had to contend with the throat problem. My voice grew shaky during the night and by the end of our Talent Time, I lost my voice completely!

All the way back home, my body was wrecked with fever again. I had to stay home ill from work on Monday.

At least, the camp ran fine. O, how good it is to know that when I need the strength, God will provide it for me. And, God will also send helpers when He knows I need help. Marge stood in for me for the announcements when I lost my voice. Serene took care of the emceeing part , especially with last minute changes in announcements, without grumbling. Vincent O, LiPeng, Daryl & Ivan readily stood by to help distribute the gifts during Question & Answer session. Vincent L and Ricky were always nearby ready to help.

And, my poor hubby who lovingly stood by me and care for me when I was cranky and impatient. Thank God for him.

I am glad for this experience. It taught me just how far I can go with my own strength and how much more farther I can go, stretched by God’s grace. What an awesome God I serve!

No comments: