Thursday, April 24, 2008

Indy is back!

Hello! Hello! Something GREAT is coming to our shores this May 22nd and I wouldn’t want to miss it for the world! Yup, it’s Indy! He’s back after almost 19 years, since the Last Crusade. My, oh, my… can’t wait to see him in action again!

Back in 1981, when I was just a teen, I knew that I've found my all time hero in Dr. Jones. He's not your conventional archeologists and adventurer, but a man who possessed EVERY skill you could ever imagine. Resourceful, funny, charming and with his dashing good looks, oh and that hat and whip we know so well, ...sigh...who could think of him anything less than a hero?

The Raiders of the Lost Ark came and went in 1981. Then, the Temple of Doom stole our hearts, with the gorgeous Kate Capshaw and cute Jonathan Ke Quan (who played Short Round). Though the least popular among the 3, my sis and I loved Temple of Doom. We particularly remembered so well, the adorable Short Round. He was too short to drive a taxi, so he had to wear red-toilet-clogs - heavily extended - to enable him to reach the pedals! What a sight! Short Round gallantly driving Indy away from the thugs in his taxi, wearing those red-clogs!

Then, the phenomenal Sir Sean Connery joined the 3rd installment of Indiana Jones as Indy's dad, Prof. Henry Jones Snr. What an excellent chemistry! Need not say more. Love it. Love it. Love it.

I hope that this round, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, with another lead, Cate Blanchett will not disappoint. We'll see if Steven Spielberg & George Lucas still has that magic to weave us an entertaining 4th story.

Looking forward to May 22nd...
“If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones!!”

No comments: